- Children should never play with or light fireworks.
- Always keep a bucket of water handy in case of a malfunction or fire.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions before using fireworks.
- Only use fireworks as intended. Don’t try to alter them or combine them.
- Be sure that other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Sparklers burn at such high temperatures that they can burn clothing.
- Light fireworks one at a time.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak in a bucket of water.
- Never put your head or any body part over the top of any fireworks product. Never look into a firework tube or hold to your head.
- Spectators should keep a safe distance and the shooter should wear safety glasses.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Have a “designated shooter”.
- Be cautious of lighting any fireworks during strong wind conditions.
- Always light fireworks on a hard, flat and level surface to insure stability.
- Never aim, point or throw any fireworks at another person or at any property.
- Please be considerate of your pets and other animals when using fireworks. Noise and lights often frighten pets and animals.
- Buy fireworks only from reliable, licensed fireworks dealers.
Remember to report a fire or medical emergency, call 911.