We've wrapped up December, we've wrapped up 2022, and we've wrapped up another year of the Holiday Lights Punch Card event! THANK YOU to everyone for proving once again what a great community we live in! You stayed local, shopped local, and supported businesses that do all they can to support you! And through it, you helped keep $237,600 in Vinton just over the holiday alone with the punch cards!
But that's just one side of the equation! A huge THANK YOU also goes out to all those businesses that saw us coming, offered a helping hand as we shopped, extended their business hours, came in on Sundays, and even opened their doors during a blizzard to make sure we had the things we needed . . . just in time for Christmas! Those businesses also gave back with the Holiday Lights Punch Card weekly winners and a grand prize valued at over $1,200! The lucky weekly winners included Glenda Shipley, Julie Havran, Brandi Meyer, Tina Fowler, and Wayne Siela.
Kate Ries was the grand prize winner! The grand prize included the following donations:
- Benton County Historical Society donated a copy of the historical book "Vinton, Iowa: A Hometown Remembers 150 Years"
- Brickside Brew-n-Chew donated some wonderful Orange Spice tea along with a tea timer
- CarQuest donated an 88-piece GearWrench tool set
- Ervin Motor Company donated a WeatherTech CupFone XL
- Flowers by Nature's Corner donated a large colorful basket
- Koop's Sales & Service donated a free alignment
- Michael & Dowd Furniture & Appliance donated a Memory Foam Travel Pillow
- New Beginnings Salon & Spa donated a set of OPI nail polishes
- Old Hospital Pub donated three bottles of various wines
- Pizza Ranch donated three large pizzas
- Stark Strength donated five sessions to group classes
- Total Balance donated a free class, a maple butter candle, and a bracelet
- Winsor CBD donated a classic black mesh baseball cap
- And the following businesses all donated gift cards:
- Cameron's Clothing
- Clipper Corner
- Dollar Fresh
- Echo Vision-US Cellular
- Henkle Creek Mercantile
- LaGrange Pharmacy
- Pourville Art Studio & Gallery
- The Niche
- Tootsies Ice Cream & More
- Viking Sewing Center
- And Vinton Unlimited
ALL of you . . . the shoppers, the businesses, even the little ones that brought joy to so many with their eyes filled with wonder of the holiday . . . ALL of you help make Vinton a wonderful place to call home! Thank you!
Be sure to thank the following 34 businesses, the most we've ever had participate in the Holiday Lights Punch Card event!
Arnold Motor Supply
Thank you EVERYONE for making Vinton a great place to live, work, shop, and play!